Sunday 3 November 2013

Week 4 :back to blogs

  
  I was nearly coming to loose my blog and most of my work in this great course,it is refered to Ms.Courtney who guided and encouraged me to proceed by following certain tips to repair my account on nicenet and blog.


This week both of my discussions on nicenet and my project step were cocentrating on READING,I start my discussion thread by summarising what did Mei-Ya Liang say in her article"Three Extensive Reading Activities for ESL/EFL Students Using E-books.most of this article fouce on the importance of the activities that lead students to improve their reading,writing and thinking skills.I chose www.breakingnewsenglish.com as an ideal website to increase the skill of reading specially the speed of it.I notice that many of our classmates chose www.fog.cbc.org and after searching it I directly will add to my delicious page.

This important skill ,reading,was the core or the main issue also that I focuse on in the part of the project.It is so depressed for me to see the 16+ years old student read as if he is only half of that age!!! I am so eager to catch up with you,my dear classmates,to find out sollution for this problem.

Another valuable article I chose to read is Using Internet-Based Children Litereture to teach EFL by Larry J.Mikulecky,through which I felt the importance of practicing English language not only at schools, but also through motivating students to visit related websites as: www.manythings.org  or www.elt.oup.com  which I advice you all to visit and share.

How much  it is fantastic to plan the lessons as the one that we learnt this week through using a template by google.document, I tried to prepare a very simple grammar lesson for the beginner level students of the 9th grade aided by technology components as computers,software,internet....etc.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Baraat,
    As you did, I was also focused on reading skill this week, and grammar as well. I will try the link you mentioned here: www.breakingnewsenglish.com to improve my students reading speed. I think it will be new experience for me and my students.
    Best Regards,
    Batuk Lal Tamang

    ReplyDelete