Saturday 23 November 2013

Week 7: 


"Control leads to compliance;autonomy leads to engagement." Daniel H. Pink.

Yes, I absolutely blame the traditional educational systems that we had been taught through;it will be disastrous unless we,teachers,rescue the new generation whom we are teaching.Why not to make them autonomous?why not to create a sense of independence inside them? and why not to engage them in the educational process through out the activation of technological tools such as those we have learnt as blogging,web quest,emailing,interactive PPT, PBL,and many other tools.


Through out my discussion on Nicenent regarding the one computer classroom, I asked a question in which I think the answer is hinted:what are the added values of using  one or more computers?I think unless you,the teacher,create and use interactive programs,it will be a zero usefulness gained from that computer.How about mobile phones,I liked the idea of using them inside the classroom,it never comes to my mind to use mobiles to serve the proposed outcomes, but after reading many articles and the activities provided by my colleagues I believe of the necessity to start using mobiles although it is banned  in my school to allow the students to use this great device!

       

Arriving at the smooth task which I LOVE the most;Padlet or Wall wisher, I can not wait to create one for my class,believe me I see my students grin and delight to use and share whatever they like .This tool,despite of it's simplicity  I think will launch a spark of the students'creativity.







How about my final project,I started implementing some of the intended tools to improve READING, so I informed the students about Breakingnewsenglish and they jumped very eager to read fast through it. I really felt that my students start to be autonomous as they love the idea of inserting technology into their English class ,they continued surfing the net at their homes and let me know of the new things they learnt by themselves,the thing which will facilitate and serve my project which is based on a web quest.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Baraat,

    I love the quotation you used as an opening sentence of your post.

    You said " I think unless you,the teacher,create and use interactive programs,it will be a zero usefulness gained from that computer." I am in hundred percent agreement with you concerning one computer class and the effective use of it by the teacher. Only then, students will benefit from it.

    Padlet is such a simple tool and yet it's very good to encourage the creativity of the students and they will learn to share with others. So, it helps promote the co-operation among them.

    Your final project will be great. Since you are introducing technology and you also help them develop learner autonomy.

    Best,
    Kyi Tha Wai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyi Tha Wai,
    It is a great honor for me to share a comment on my blog, I really learnt so much valuable things this week,and I hope to implement all what have we learnt.
    Best,
    Baraat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful blog post, Baraat! You made an excellent point when you said, "what are the added values of using one or more computers?I think unless you,the teacher,create and use interactive programs,it will be a zero usefulness gained from that computer.". How very true this statement is! It is our responsibility to ensure that computers are being used productively and contributing to our students' learning.

    I was pleased to hear your enthusiasm for Padlet, but I was even more pleased to hear about your students' enthusiasm for Breaking English! You are absolutely right that a tool like this will promote autonomous learners.

    Thanks for a great reflection!

    ReplyDelete