Sunday 10 November 2013

Week 5
                                                           

 


Week after week,we step over another mountain of information & knowledge with the aid of technology.
Really,despite the fact that the fifth week was the busiest one for me,I was interested with the new things I have learned whether was PBL ,Rubrics or Web Quest.



 PBL(Project Based Learning), the new addition that week 5 carried for us,the tool that every good teacher should use and implement to motivate students for better learning they love and being eager to fulfil. As Sylvia chard said"one of the major advantage of PBL is that it makes school more like real life."



  
To sum up what is a Webquest, I was impressed by SANJIV's comment"I think this PBL and webquest should be married to get one good student,who can own a work, collaborate his work and become independent learner." I loved wewbquest very much and felt how much it is organised and useful for both of teachers and students.


The last thing, but the very important one through which you can evaluate the effort and work is Rubrics or alternative assessment,I advise every teacher to visit www.rubistar.org to get avery simple and valuable rubric that can be edited.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Baraat,

    I love the image you included on the top of your blog post! We ARE halfway there. You've learned so much and there's so much more to come!

    I'm happy that you see the value in PBL. Webquests are an excellent tool to use to organize your projects, and for your students to go for all the details.

    Three cheers for Rubistar! This site allows us to create rubrics with ease.

    Thanks for a great blog post!

    Best,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney,
    Today,I am teaching my students that the expected role of a good teacher is to be a facilitator and guidance, but to be in addition to that a supportive and active instructor like you is not a common thing...
    With my best regards,
    Baraat

    ReplyDelete